Pretty Pilot, Gundam Moon
A Gundam Wing / Sailor Moon fusion spamfic
By Scriviner
[email protected]


The lights of the city form a pastiche of earthbound stars. Like a brooding shadow, Tokyo tower rises in the distance, crowned and limned by light. The hustle and bustle of the city as it shifts from the sounds of the day, to the hum of the night. This is Tokyo. A great place to live. If you can afford the insurance premiums. Particularly the 'monster attack and acts of God' clauses. Case in point:

Downtown Tokyo.The sounds of the city are broken by sudden screams and the crash and crush as a giant monster rampaged through the streets. Not that this didn't happen so often, that a leading form of suicide in the city was to run out into the street screaming and trying to get a monster's attention so it'll stomp on you. Hopefully before the heroes arrive to soundly trounce it. As usual. Yes, definitely a typical night in Tokyo.

A boy, his brown, waist length hair bouncing around behind him as he ran towards the carnage. He was about fourteen and was dressed in a public school winter uniform. While it wasn't unusual to find people running TO the scene of destruction, they were either suicidal, out looting, or into that sort of thing. You know� INTO that sort of thing (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). He wasn't. If anything, he'd much rather have stayed at home, but the cat was insistent. Did we mention the cat? Oh, yeah� it was a fairly non-descript little black cat. The only marking it had was a small cresent moon shape on its forehead.

The cat stopped as they were halfway down an alley and looked over her shoulder, "Duo! Will you please hurry up?!" Yes. The cat was definitely talking.

The boy, Duo, was breathing hard and leaning against a wall, "Look, I just ran twenty blocks, gimme a break willya?!"

The cat sniffed, "Well we would've gotten here sooner if you'd simply transformed early on."

The boy frowned, "Look, I'll buy into this whole protector of the moon kingdom thing of yours, sure� but I'm NOT using the thing any sooner than I have to!"

The cat sighed, "Suit yourself. But sooner or later you'll have to transform!"

Duo sighed, "Fine, fine. I think this is close enough, so I don't have to embarrass myself too much." The sounds of destruction were definitely getting closer.

"So transform already!" The cat shouted at him�

Duo grumbled as he pulled a largish pen out of his pocket. It was white and topped with a golden cresent moon. It was the kind of pen one usually found in the hands of young girls who found them cute. Honestly, though if any of his friends found out he had one of these pens, he'd never live it down. Let alone if they found about the OTHER secret.

He raised the pen above his head and sighed once more. This was just too embarassing!

He lifted his head and shouted, "MOON GUNDAM TRANSFORMATION!"

The pen flew out of his hands, rising straight into the air as it began the mind twistingly complex process of unfolding itself from a pen, outwards, pulling the rest of it's substance out of the interdimensional space where most of the extra mass was stored. That wasn't all.

Duo suddenly rose into the air and began to spin around slowly� the light around him intensified, then solidifying into ribbons of light as his clothes dissolved into motes of light. The ribbons wound themselves around him, creating a new set of clothes as they wove into each other's substance.

The pen finished unfolding into a gigantic white robot. It's build was vaguely feminine, enhanced by the fact that the armor around the mecha's hips was of blue metal which resembled nothing so much as a blue miniskirt. At the mecha's chest (which gave the impression of feminine roundness) the reddish housing for the primary lasers looked like a ribbon. And the legs of the mech looked really like they were wearing high cut high heeled boots. On it's head were a pair of long, yellowish armatures, attached to ball sockets, which served as a communications array, sensors, and housed masses of missles. Unfortunately they looked like pigtails.

Duo's own transformation completed itself just as the light began to fade. He was now wearing a white outfit, with a vaguely military cut, trimmed in gold and rose. His braid was now woven through with gold thread and tied off with a rose colored ribbon. It looked very elegant. And in Duo's opinion, very embarrassingly girly.

Duo grumbled, "Let's get this over with."

"Well? Get in!" The cat urged.

"Moon Gundam Access!" Duo called out with rather less enthusiasm.

A golden beam erupted from the mecha's forehead, around the point where the mecha seemed to be wearing a tiara. Duo vanished from where he stood and reappered in the mecha's extradimensional cockpit. He grabbed the pink colored controls and checked the heart shaped gauges and meters. Everything was optimal. Such as it was.

He turned the mecha to look at the cat, "Okay, Luna. You stay here. I'm off to kick some monster bu--"

"Watch your language! You're supposed to be a role model for people!"

Duo grumbled, "I'd feel a lot better if I weren't stuck in this girly mech."



The monster meanwhile was having a fun time in the city. Death, destruction, unbridled carnage! Whee! It was in the process of munching happily on another Honda Civic and thinking idly that it needed more ketchup, as the feminine white mecha rose from behind some buildings and landed facing it squarely.

"WHROOH?!" the purplish dinosaur shaped monster hooted. This could've been roughly translated to 'I say, who are you, miss?'

The mecha began posing and moving around. Inside, Duo held a quick conversation with Luna over the cutesy pink and pastel yellow radio.

"Do I have to do the spiel?"

"It's part of the job, so will you please stop complaining and just do it?"

"I really need to get a replacement� maybe an angel of death mech or something--"

"Look, enough complaining and just do it!"

The external speakers of the mecha kicked in and Duo's voice (filtered by the kawaii (TM) computers to sound like a young girl's voice) came out. "I am the warrior of love and kindness, who pilots the beautiful and mighty Gundam Moon! For eating other people's property, raising insurance rates and making me come down here while I was watching TV, you must be stopped!" He had to stop for a moment, because he really hated saying the next part. Everyone else thought it was just a dramatic pause, "In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!"

The crowds cheered. Duo was embarassed. The battle was joined. Of course, we all know who won.

The end (possibly for now)

Notes:

This is an old idea, but I was bored and I had access to a laptop while bored. This is about all I'm writing of this... unless this gets really good responses. ^^;