Devil Hunter Shinobu!
A Devil Hunter Yohko/Urusei Yatsura spamfic
By Henry J. Cobb
[email protected]


Things were just about perfect for Inaba.

He had the day off from doorknob polishing. He was with his favorite person in the Multiverse, they had just finished a hearty vegetarian picnic and now he lay with his head in her lap as she scratched behind the floppy ears on his uniform. If he was a cabbit he would have purred.

She stopped. He slowly opened his eyes and looked up into hers. She seemed to be troubled by something.

"Inaba, can I ask you something?"

"Anything, Shinobu."

"When we were wandering around the alternative futures, there's one we didn't see."

"Well, more than one, there are an infinite number of possible futures. I'm sorry I can't show you any more. My bosses would have my hide."

"Well, you can tell me about one, right? I promise not to tell anybody."

"Sure, I guess that'd be OK."

"Well, when Jariten brought those trouble balls they showed us our worst possible match ups."

Inaba's jaw dropped in shock. He quickly got up and turned back to face Shinobu.

"Is something wrong?" She asked.

"No... nothing." He waited.

"Well," Shinobu continued, "I can see how Ataru would cause Sakura or Ran infinite trouble, but what would be so wrong with me and Tsubame? Not that I'd settle for him, now that I've met you."

Inaba shuddered. "Uh..."

"I guess you really do feel for me, if the thought of my going with another guy bothers you that much. But Tsubame just doesn't seem to be that bad of a guy. Is there something about him I should warn Sakura about?"

"No." Inaba squeaked. "Tsubame and Sakura have every chance at happiness together. I guess the trouble balls just had a minor malfunction."

"I'm sorry I asked you about it, if it troubles you that much."

"No, it's not that. I just remembered that I have to get back to work."

"I thought you said you had the day off?"

"Uh, I can hear the boss bunnies calling me."

"Oh, can I see you next Sunday then?"

"Sure, I wouldn't miss it for the world."

Not for the first time, Shinobu considered the advantages of dating a long haul trucker or a computer programmer, just so she could see them more often. Even Tsubame seemed to have more time off than Inaba. But, best not to bring it up again, if it troubled Inaba so much.

Inaba hopped away from Shinobu, then opened a door standing in midair and stepped through as the door vanished behind him.

Once more Inaba passed by that door. And once more he stopped to look through the peephole. It drew him, like a moth to the flame.

He saw Shinobu walking at dusk in her schooldress. She turned as she heard something and saw a hideous slime creature.

Shinobu spun around in midair as her clothes shredded away. Inaba blushed, closed his eye and when he looked again she was standing in a simple red dress with a black and white yin-yang symbol on the front. She held a large sword as she pounced on the demon, shredding it in seconds.

"Bravo! Sixteen seconds, A new record!" Tsubame stepped out from the shadows, in his usual magician's outfit.

Shinobu banished her sword and ran into his arms. "Well, with you as my manager dear, how can I miss?"

Inaba checked the boards nailed against the door again and turned away.

Once more he swore to himself that he would never let her get caught up in such a silly crossover.