Dragon Quarter
A Dragon Half / Ranma � spamfic
By Henry J. Cobb
[email protected]


"Is very tragic story of teenaged girl who almost drown in spring one month ago."

Ha! Mink thought to herself. The real tragedy had happened the next week went she had approached Dick Saucer in her new all-human form and he had ignored her. Then, when she sought him out in her native half-dragon form, he had tried to kill her again.

How could she face her friends now? After the trip to China? After she had kissed Dick Saucer and he had called her charming?

No, she couldn't even face her parents anymore and have that daily reminder of what she really was.

So Mink now walked towards her new school in Tokyo, as just another ordinary human girl, her shameful wings and tail hidden under her curse.

Mink was wrapped up in her private misery, that she didn't even see the other student, until she walked into him.

"Sorry." Mink blurted out then turned to walk away.

"What troubles you today, beauteous Akane?"

Akane? Mink thought. He knows I'm a half red dragon? She looked behind herself to see if her tail was showing, but no, it didn't even exist in this cursed form.

Mink looked up at the handsome face of the boy she had bumped into. "You said I was beautiful?"

"Yes, but my words fail to do your beauty justice, my fair Akane." The tall boy wore white robes and carried a wooden sword.

He's so handsome and the way he talks, it's just like Dick Saucer. Mink thought. No better, Saucer had dumped her and here this boy knew what she was and accepted her anyway. Mink couldn't help herself, she wrapped her arms around this kind stranger and hugged him.

"You're just doing this to make me jealous, aren't you?"

"Vena?" Mink turned away from the kind stranger, but the girl who had spoken was another stranger, in a red Chinese outfit with her red hair tied back in a pigtail.

"Fear not my goddess, there is love enough in my heart for both of yo---" Twack! Thump. The tall boy had rushed towards the pig-tailed girl and been met with a kick to the face, dropping him to the ground.

"Not you Baka, her!" The pig-tailed girl pointed at Mink.

"Are you OK?" Mink kneeled next to the tall boy.

"OK, be that way." The pig-tailed girl crossed her arms. "Go ahead and marry Kuno if you like. See if I care! I'll never be jealous of a macho, uncute tomboy like you anyway." As she turned away, the pig-tailed girl seemed to be blinking back tears.

Mink was shocked. Did such things really happen in Japan? Then she looked down as the tall boy stirred. First she'd make sure this Kuno was OK, then she'd find some hot water and that pig-tailed girl would pay.


Akane: Japanese for Scarlet.