Card Captor Sakura?
A CCS fusion spamfic
By Lara
[email protected]


Sakura opened the door to the basement slowly. Hesitantly, she peered through the door and looked down the stairs. She witnessed only darkness.

The noise continued though, unmindful of her approach. Goosebumps rippling up and down her arms, Sakura opened the door wider and slipped through. Her mouth opened, then quickly closed.

With the light from the hall dimly illuminating the stairs, Sakura went down them slowly, her eyes looking between her path and the shelves of books that made up the bulk of the basement. Her lip quivered, and her teeth came down on it to stop from calling out to the intruder.

Alerting whoever it was to her presence would probably only get herself hurt in the long run. Possibly, with surprise, Sakura could make the other run. That was the only hope of the girl with bother her father and brother gone.

At the bottom of the stairs, Sakura flicked the light switch, which turned on the lamp on her father's desk. It wasn't bright, but it was some light at least.

Of course, now scary shadows were all around her as she walked around the end of one immense bookcase. She could see the end of the desk, and the light with its comforting glow, and that left only one more spot.

On tiptoes, clutching her baton tightly to her chest, Sakura peered around the corner of the last bookcase, then sprang forward. With her eyes held tightly shut and her baton held forth like a great sword, she stood there.

Peeking through one mostly closed eye, she saw... nothing. The basement was apparently empty. Sakura turned and was about to leave when she felt... something.

She turned and spied a single book on the shelf at the end of the aisle that seemed to be glowing. She couldn't take her eyes from it. In fact, Sakura felt compelled to look at it. Hesitantly, she walked to the end of the aisle and stared at the book.

It had no title on the spine, and looked like many of the other books on the shelf, except...

Sakura hesitated with her hand near the rough leather spine of the book. This was her father's; she shouldn't touch it, but... It called out to her. She could feel it!

She took the book in booth hands and looked at the cover. It was unremarkable in all ways, and said only one word on the cover.

"Ne..." Sakura struggled to say. "Ne... cro... no... Necrono... mi... co. Nu." That was odd. "Necronomicon?" she said quietly.

 

Cthulhu Captor Sakura!

Updated 12-12-2000