On Marmalade Wings: Or, Crossovers Are Sometimes A Very Bad Idea
A GW/Marmalade Boy Fusion ficlet
By Lilias
[email protected]


Warnings: Extreme silliness, GW folks acting rather OOC.

Spoilers: Possibly very vague ones for MB, depending upon how closely you're paying attention.

Disclaimer: All these lovely characters belong to other people, who would be appalled to see what I've done with them. ^_^;;

Notes: This is all Catelf's fault--though in her defense, she had no idea what she was unleashing when she campaigned for a MB/GW crossover. >_< If this fic seems totally incomprehensible, it's _not just you_--this thing will probably only make sense to two (possibly three) people besides me, and all of them will be munching my head for daring to create this bit of heresy. ^_^;;; MB is a soap opera-ish shoujo anime about high-school relationships, btw, and all I've done is replace some MB characters with GW ones who seemed like fitting/ interesting/completely bizarre counterparts.


Miki Koishikawa sighed.

Sitting at her desk, twisting the end of one reddish-brown ponytail between her fingers, she gazed sadly at the adorably ugly green stuffed toy her boyfriend had given her before he went away to study architecture in America. I hope Yuu's all right, so far away. You're worried about him too, aren't you, Kappa-chan?

She had seen pictures of Yuu's American classmates--his roommate, the pensive and slightly mysterious Trowa, who played the flute for hours in the upstairs loft. Zechs, the cocky, hotheaded football captain. Quiet Noin, who always got the best marks even though she seemed to spend most of her study time tutoring Zechs. And that girl. Miki fumed, just thinking about the sexy, aggressive American girl who insisted on vamping Yuu at every opportunity--tossing that sheaf of blonde hair, batting her odd pale-blue eyes, probably twirling those eyebrows as well.... Miki frowned. She had a very bad feeling about that Dorothy person.

Sighing again, Miki tapped her pencil against the cover of her exchange diary. How could she ever explain the whole mess to her best friend? It would all look very silly to someone so grown-up, and so smart--smart enough to win the political science debating contest two years in a row, even against terrifyingly mature upperclassmen. And pretty enough to date any boy she wanted, though Relena didn't seem especially interested in boyfriends. The most desirable boy in school (the charismatic student body president, who made hearts flutter every time he flourished a fencing foil or threatened to kill someone) followed her around in brooding adoration, murmuring her name out windows and into broom closets until the school nurse threatened to put him into treatment--and Relena barely blinked. In fact, the only male person Relena even seemed to notice was the tennis coach, Khushrenada-sensei (who was so very cute and funny that all the girls called him 'Nada-chan'). But he certainly didn't count as a boyfriend! Miki laughed at her own wacky imagination, and settled in to compose the day's entry for the diary she shared with Relena.

She had almost finished when there was an energetic pounding on her door, followed by a jaunty voice calling out in American-accented Japanese: "Hey, Miki! Someone's here to see you!"

Miki rolled her eyes. She'd thought it would be exciting to have an American exchange student living with them, but the sheer volume of Duo's well-meaning overtures was exhausting. He just had way too much energy--and was so much like a little kid, capable of staring in wide-eyed delight at everyday things like the sushi display at the restaurant down the street. And at the moment, he was crashing down the hallway, bellowing that she was on her way--so embarassing! Wilting visibly, Miki slunk down the stairs after him to see who might be at the door.

Oh, no. It was Wufei, again. She had been happy to be his friend, ecstatic when the former martial-arts prodigy rediscovered his love for his art. But to have him showing up on the front step once a week with these declarations of undying love? It was just too much.

And here he was, right on schedule, offering a bouquet of daisies along with a smouldering, meaningful stare. "Have you thought about what I asked you, Miki?"

As annoyed as she was, Miki hated to hurt Wufei's feelings--he had been such a good friend during all this lonely time without Yuu! Miki fought back the tears that threatened to spill down her cheeks. The turmoil in her heart was like a giant spinning paisley pattern, perhaps in a shocking shade of mauve.... Dragging her attention back to where Wufei waited impatiently, Miki tried to explain. "It's not that I don't like you, Fei-kun. It's just that I--"

"Stop calling me Fei-kun! What will it take for you to see me as a man, Miki?"

"But--but--Fei-kun!" she stammered.

Aggravated past endurance, he dropped the daisies with a growl and pulled her close, fastening his lips on hers. She was unable to move for a moment, so upset that she could almost hear desperate, operatic music playing in her head--and then she jerked away, landing a slap on his startled face. "Don't ever do that again!"

While they stood like that, staring at each other on the step, she gradually realized that the phone was ringing in the hallway behind her. But before she could snatch at the excuse to dart away, she heard Duo's entirely-too-happy voice as he sprang to answer it.

"Moshi-moshi! Oh, Yuu? Sure, she's here. But she can't talk right now--too busy smooching with Fei-kun!"

Miki froze, practically purple with anger and embarassment; Wufei glowered, not sure whether to snarl at her or at the obnoxious American.

And somewhere on the other side of the world, in New York City, a very shocked Yuu Matsuura stared at the phone....

<tune in next week for the next exciting episode!>
(Gah--not likely! >_<)

----------

If you're interested in knowing what the heck's going on, here's a key to characters:
Miki and Yuu - themselves
Akizuki Meiko - Relena
Miwa Satoshi - Heero
Namura Shin'ichi - Treize
Tsuchiya Kei - Wufei
Michael Grant - Duo
Bill Matheson - Trowa
Brian Grant - Zechs
Doris O'Connor - Noin
Jinny Golding - Dorothy

And here's a MB website where you can find info and images, in case this has whetted your appetite (though it probably just induced nausea!): http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/9449/mb/eng-index.html

Wufei would also have made a good Rokutanda, but I liked the Kei/Fei thing too much to take the other route. And I didn't quite find anywhere to put Quatre--he wouldn't make a good Ginta, nor yet Arimi. Oh! He could be Anju, and then he could meet Trowa in America! *_*

Oh, lord--stop me before I get more ideas! >_<