A New Beginning for Humanity
A Evangellion/Ranma Spamfic
By yasuhei
[email protected]


SPOILERS: There is a spoiler or two for those who havent seen episodes 25 and 26 of Neon Genesis Evangellion.


Oh hell. Oh bloody hell.

You would have thought that killing nearly the entire human race would have been enough to assuage his anger, but no! Shinji thought to himself. He had been given the chance to control Third Impact, and had wiped out most of humanity. That should have been stress relief enough, right?

But although people scared him, Shinji had still needed human company, and so, he had created a woman with which to share this new world. Her body looked like Auska's, except for her eyes, which were red, like Rei's. She was dressed like neither of the aforementioned people, and was instead wearing a jacket just like the one that Misato had always worn. Her personality... Well, it looked like her personality was forever going to remain a mystery Shinji.

When he had awoken to see Auska's form beside his own, he had suddenly been filled with such irrational rage that he had immediately started to strangle her. Apparently he had held onto her neck for too long, because he couldn't find her pulse. He hadn't meant to kill her, he had just been _so_ angry.

Well there wasn't much left to live for. Shinji didn't think that he'd be able to survive without another human presence to keep him sane. He might as well end it all here.

So thinking, Shinji lifted the black handgun that he had found in a holster inside the woman's jacket to his temple, and slowly pulled the trigger.

The crack of a single shot rang through the air, and a second corpse slumped to meet the first.


Elsewhere, two people winced. They had felt the forces of the Third impact try to rip their souls from their bodies, but their souls had been strong enough to resist the pull. Piles of pink and orange slush lying all around them gave testimony to what happened to your body when there was no soul left to enforce your bodies form.

Until just now, they had both been able to sense a huge aura off in the far distance. It was far beyond anything either of them had felt before. It was the kind of aura that you would expect a minor god to posses. Just then it had fractured. They both had experience with the what happens to someone's aura when they die, and both knew that still one person fewer inhabited the earth.

"I'm glad you made it, mom." Said the younger and taller of the two.

The Older figure smiled to herself as she looked up at her adopted son/daughter. Originally she had hoped to make him her son in law, but her hopes had been dashed when both of their familes had been wiped out in the Second Impact. They had been the closest thing that either of them had had to family, and so they had travelled together. Eventually they had returned to the village of her birth, and she had adopted him as her son/daughter. It was not what she had planned, but it was satisfactory. Besides, they had really grown quite close together in the preceding years.

"Son," she started, "I have been alive over three hundred years. It'll take more than Armageddon to get rid of me."

The younger shrugged. "I knew that I'd make it, Ranma Joketzoku never loses, but I wasn't sure if an old ghoul like yourself would be up ta it."

Cologne didn't bother to reply. It was an old game between then, and right now she didn't feel like playing it. "There's not many people left." She instead replied.

"And one of them is Happosai, which is more of an annoyance than a relief." Ranma commented.

Both of them looked at the diminutive pervert who was curled into a ball on the ground a short distance away, and weeping. He was also mumbling to himself. "My silky darlings. All those pretty ladies. All gone." The two gave him up as being a lost cause.

"There is another approaching." Said cologne. "Even I can feel their ki from here. We will await them here."

Ranma merely nodded.


After a few minutes of waiting, a speck in the sky had resolved itself into the figure of a flying man, who landed a short distance from the two. Both recognised him as being Herb. Ranma rose to meet him. It was Herb who started up the conversation. "So."

"So." Replied Ranma.

"Armageddon, eh."

"Looks like it."

"There's probably not much point in us holding our grudges anymore, not with both our tribes being dead and all."

"Probably not." The two lapsed into silence.

"I guess it�s our duty to continue humanity, or something." Herb said, after a while.

"It probably is." Ranma paused for a while, before continuing. "You realise, that in order to do that, one of us is going to have to play the role of the woman, don't you?"

It was obvious that Herb hadn't realised. He had never been especially quick on the uptake. His face paled to being almost the same colour as whitewash. "There's gotta be some other way." He protested.

"Do you feel anyone?" Ranma asked. "I know that I've become really good at sensing others auras in the last few years. Every where I went, I could feel the background sensation of a million souls touching on my awareness. Now, all I feel is four. Not even the barest flicker beyond that." He gave another fractional pause. "There's always cologne, I suppose. She's a woman, apparently."

Both men shuddered.

"I'll flip, you call." Herb said.




It wasn't much of a start for humanity, but it was better than nothing. Probably.


Well, I hope you all didn't hate this too much. Have a good one, ne